3 Day Lightning Protection Training Workshop Compliant with AFI 32-1065 Section 6, Personnel Qualifications
AMMO 48 (NLSI) DEFENSE FACILITIES
This Class provides Certification for US Govt Personnel Responsible for Inspection, Maintenance
and Testing of Lightning Protection Systems. Cost is $1395 per attendee.
1. Phenomenology of Lightning Behavior.
2. Lightning Safety for People.
3. Regulatory Information: USAF & NFPA Codes and Standards.
4. Examples of Lightning-Caused Damage to Facilities & Structures.
5. Seven Ingredients in the Lightning Protection Formulary: Overview.
6. Lightning Protection System (LPS) Requirements.
6.1 Air Termination Devices. Franklin Rods. Masts. Catenaries. Typical application for ordinary structures and for explosives storage facilities. Inspection, Maintenance & Testing. Examination.
6.2 Conductors. Types & Locations. Inspection, Maintenance & Testing. Examination.
6.3 Bonding. Purpose. Approved Alternatives. Isolation. Inspection, Maintenance and Testing. Examination.
6.4 Surge Protection. Operating Principles. Locations. Specifications. Examination.
6.5 Grounding. NEC 250. Principle Designs. Applications. Inspection, Maintenance & Testing. (Hands-On, In-Field Ground Resistance Testing Demonstrations with 3-Point Tester and Clamp-On Tester.) Examination.
7. Review of lightning protection systems requirements.
9. Award of Certifications.
Materials Provided to Students:
1. Ammo 48 (NLSI) Lightning Protection Workbook
2. AFI 32-1065, AFMAN 91-201, UCF 3-575-01
3. NEC 250
5. “Understanding Ground Resistance Testing”
6. Writing Materials and Notebook.
Cost of “AMMO 48 (by NLSI)” is $1395 per student. Pre-payment via credit card is required. Minimum class size is 20 attendees. Classes are conducted “On Demand” for USAF and other DoD agencies. Graduates receive Certification of Proficiency and 3.0 CEUs. Contact NLSI for hosting a class at your training facilities. More information: email NLSI