NLSI Consulting Services
NLSI provides the following types of consulting services:
- Inspection and evaluation of lightning protection systems. NLSI will evaluate and recommend improvements to your lightning protection system to assure compliance and functionality, either on a one-time basis or periodic examinations.
- Design and/or inspect the lightning protection system for any type building or facility. We have verifiable experience with sensitive operations, communications buildings and towers, and hazardous materials (explosives and volatiles) storage areas.
- Preparation of lightning protection system specifications for work by others, with or without bid and request for proposal documents and/or evaluation of proposals.
- Experience with all U.S. lightning codes and standards including NFPA-780, UL 96, NASA E0012E, DOE M440.1-1, DDESB 6055.9, Army PAM 385-64, Navy NAVSEA OP5, Air Force SPC AFI 32-1065, AFOSH 91-100, FAA-019d, NEC 250, IEEE 80, IEEE 142, and IEEE 1100.
- Past work assignment projects with U.S. government agencies, include:
Owner's representative to inspect installation of NFPA 780, UL 96, or other lightning protection system work performed by others. Objective appraisal of code conformity and workmanship.
Evaluation and recommendation of lightning detection, and notification and alarm systems for early threat assessment. Assistance with design, fabrication, and placement of lightning-safe shelters.
Investigation of past problems caused by lightning. Recommendations for future mitigation of lightning consequences. Studies may include some or all areas relating to air terminals, grounding, bonding, shielding, and transient limiters.
Forensic investigation of accidents with "lessons learned" analysis. Expert witness legal assistance, investigation, and trial testimony.
Development of customized written lightning safety corporate policies and employee lightning safety information. Oral presentations to employees and for membership organizations.
Remote assistance with lightning safety issues, either via email or voice, to provide guidance for code-compliant defenses.
- U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). Patrick AFB, Vandenberg AFB, Hill AFB, Davis Monthan AFB, Langley AFB, Barksdale AFB, Elliston AFB, McCalester Army Ammunition Depot, Space and Naval Warfare Systems, Ft. Irwin, Kirtland AFB, SWFLANT Kings Bay, NSB New London, NSB Keyport, Hurlurt Field AFB, USAF Lajes Portugal, Canaveral AFB, Bluegrass Army Depot.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Phases 1 and 1 Pad 39 Kennedy Space Center, Johnson Space Center, Goddard Space Flight Center, Wallops Island Launch Site O1B0.
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Sandia National Laboratories, Los Alamos Sandia National Laboratories, Jefferson Labs.
- National Science Foundation (NSF). ASTS - Haleakala, Starfire - Apache Point.