How can NLSI's Lightning Safety Classes benefit my organization?
Attendees will learn about lightning and lightning defenses: how it strikes buildings and structures; how lightning currents penetrate into building power, telecommunications, data and signal lines; protection designs; and Codes and Standards. They will learn about air terminals, grounding, bonding, shielding and surge protection subjects. The courses also cover practical aspects of personal lightning safety; transient overvoltages protection of electrical and electronic equipment; lightning detection devices; and hands-on use of field testing equipment. A facilities field tour is included.
What are Descriptions of the Classes?
These courses are taught by the National Lightning Safety Institute (NLSI):
- AMMO 48 (NLSI) is an advanced class designed for inspection, maintenance and testing electrical personnel.
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION FOR DEFENSE FACILITIES is an advanced technical class for military personnel with previous lightning protection experience.
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION FOR ENGINEERS is an advanced class for the civilian sector with previous lightning protection experience.
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION IN THE MINING INDUSTRY. Contact NLSI for details at email NLSI
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION IN THE PETROCHEMICAL INDUSTRY. Contact NLSI for details at email NLSI
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS. Contact NLSI for details at email NLSI
There are no academic prerequisites for attendance. If lightning defenses, protection and safety are on your radar screen, this education will help you.
Certificate of Completion.
Course examinations are given. Class graduates will receive NLSI's Certificates of Completion attesting to completion of the Workshop. CEUs are awarded.
Class Location & Size:
Classes are held at locations around the country and overseas. Class sizes are informal and are limited in size for good interaction. Classes tailored to specific industries and problems (examples: explosives, refineries or telecommunications) can be arranged. Call for a Registration Form, Course Outline and logistics information, tel 303-666-8817. Fax is 303-926-1227.
Richard Kithil, Founder and CEO of NLSI. Kithil is the author 4 books and some 125 articles and publications about lightning safety. He is designated as a “Nationally Recognized Expert Consultant” on lightning safety issues by the US Dept. of Energy (DOE). He has appeared on NBC Dateline, ABC 20/20, Discovery TV, National Geographic TV, etc. His consulting work with federal agencies includes NASA, DOE, US Air Force, US Navy, US Army, Natl Weather Service, EPA, etc. He is an appointed member of the UL 96a, US Gov’t DOE, DoD lightning protection committees. See the NLSI website: www.lightningsafety.com