The mission of the National Lightning Safety Institute is:
- To promote, through education, lightning safety for
the public good.
- To provide forums through which the principles and techniques
of lightning safety may be reported, discussed, and published.
- To provide a bridge from professional researchers to those who need objective information
about lightning safety.
- To establish specific audit and certification protocols, as
well as engineering site survey programs, to improve lightning safety
- To encourage the inclusion of lightning safety information
in the technical curricula of schools.
- To cooperate with national and international organizations
having common or related objectives.