~ National Lightning Safety Institute ~
NLSI International Board of Advisors
NLSI's Board of Advisors is international in scope and covers a broad range of specializations relating to lightning safety, including the following:
1. Richard Fisher, Physical Scientist, Industrial & Electrical Safety Division, Mine Safety & Health Administration, US Dept. Labor, Denver, CO.
2. Richard Hasbrouck P.E., Defense Sciences Engineering Division (ret.) Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories, Livermore, CA.
3. William Jafferis, Manager, NASA Rocket Triggered Lightning Program (ret.), Kennedy Space Center, Melbourne, FL.
4. Hartono Zainal Abidin, EE and SMIEEE, Founder and President, Lightning Research Pte. Ltd., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1. Richard Kithil, CEO & Founder, National Lightning Safety Institute, Louisville, CO (send email).
2. R. James Vavrek, Atmospheric Science Education Specialist, City School System, Hammond, IN.
3. Dr. Chandima Gomes, Associate Professor, Centre of Excellence on Lightning Protection (CELP), Dept. Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
4. Orlando Alzamora, Vice President NLSI c/o Lima Peru office.
5. Arturo Galvan Diego, PhD, Researcher and technical specialist, Electrical Research Institute, Mexico.
1. Michael Foley, EE, Technical Consultants Group, Denver, CO.
2. Prof. Robert Jallan'go Akello, PhD, Director of National Lightning Protection Committee of Kenya and Director Pan African Lightning Protection Agency (PALPA), Nairobi, Kenya.
3. Vladimir Rakov, PhD, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida, Gainsville, FL.
4. John M. Tobias, PhD, PE ElectroQuest LLC, Toms River, NJ.
5. Dr. Mohd Zainal Abidin Ab Kadir, Director, Centre of Excellence on Lightning Protection (CELP), Dept. Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
1. MaryAnn Cooper, MD, Emergency Medicine, Univ. IL, Chicago, IL.
2. Philip Yarnell MD, Neurologist, Provident Healthcare, Denver, CO.
3. Chris Andrews, MD, BE MBBS MengSc PhD Dip/CompSci EDIC MACS SMIREE SMIEEE, Chapel Hill, Queensland, Australia.
1. Daniel Breed, PhD, Associate Scientist, Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorological Division, National Center for Atmospheric Research (NOAA), Boulder, CO.
2. Ron Holle, MS, Consultant, Oro Valley, AZ.
3. Richard Keen, PhD, Author & Climatologist, Golden, CO.
4. Mike Lozano, NLSI Chief Meteorologist, Science Reporter and Meteorologist, News 8, Austin TX.
1. Brian Bennett, MEd, ATC.
2. Phil Francis, MEd ATC LAT CLSP, Dallas Independent School District, Dallas, TX.