~ National Lightning Safety Institute ~
Wisdom from Benjamin Franklin
Here are selected lessons from Poor Richard's Almanack:
1. Here comes the Orator with his Flood of Words, and his Drop of Reason.
2. An empty bag cannot stand upright.
3. Drive thy Business or it will drive thee.
4. A closed mouth catches no flies.
5. A good example is the best sermon.
6. Some are weatherwise, some are otherwise.
7. As Charms are Nonsense, Nonsense is a Charm.
8. He that lies down with dogs shall rise up with fleas.
9. He who drinketh fast, payeth slow.
10. Keep your eyes wide open before Marriage, half shut afterwards.
11. Great talkers should be cropped, for they've no use of ears.
12. Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every New Year find you a better man.